UPSC conduct the NDA (National Defence Academy) I Exam – 2019. NDA I 2019 Paper held on 21 April 2019. This paper is General Aptitude Test Part B. NDA (I) 2019 General Aptitude Test Answer Key available here.
Exam – NDA (I) 2019
Organized by – UPSC
Subject – General Aptitude Test
Date of Exam – 21 – April – 2019
UPSC NDA (I) 2019 Exam Paper (Answer Key)
Subject – General Aptitude Test (Part – B)
51. An Election Commissioner can be removed from office on the recommendation of
(a) The Chief Justice of India
(b) The Chief Election Commissioner
(c) The President of India
(d) The Parliament
52. Which one of the following statements regarding the Rajya Sabha is NOT correct?
(a) Its members are elected by the elected members of the Legislative Assembly of a State
(b) The election follows the system of proportional representation by means of a single transferable vote
(c) 1/3rd of its members retire after every two years
(d) It is a permanent body, but can be dissolved earlier by the President
53. Fundamental right guaranteed under which one of the following Articles of the Constitution of India is available only to the citizens of India ?
(a) Article 19
(b) Article 20
(c) Article 21
(d) Article 22
54. The treaty of Yandabo was signed in
55. In the Manusmriti which form of marriage results from the “Voluntary union of a maiden and her lover”?
(a) Eighth form
(b) Fifth form
(c) Seventh form
(d) Sixth form
56. Consider the following description of the Samadhi of a former Prime Minister of India :
Central Samadhi platform comprises nine square black polished granite solid stone blocks, capped with a ‘Diya’ in the centre. The number nine holds significance and represents the navarasas, navaratras and navagrahas. Then placement of the nine-square Samadhi is in a circular lotus shaped pattern. The nine-square platform is accessed in four cardinal directions by pathways made in white composite tiles so that the floor does not get heated.
Identify the Samadhi :
(a) Shakti Sthal
(c) Sadaiv Atal
(d) Veer Bhumi
57. IMBEX is a joint exercise conducted regularly between Armies of India and
58. Who among the following was awarded The Hindu Prize in Fiction category for the year 2018?
(a) Neelum Saran Gour
(b) N Kalyan Raman
(c) Manoranjan Byapari
(d) Arunav Sinha
59. Who among the following was appointed as head of the seven member committee to look into revenue shortfall being faced by the states after the GST roll-out in India and suggest steps for augmenting collections ?
(a) Himanta Biswa Sharma
(b) Thomas Isaac
(c) Sushil Modi
(d) Capt Abhimanyu
60. The 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, 2019 was held in
(a) New Delhi
(b) Gandhi Nagar
61. Which one of the following cities was named by UNESCO as World Capital of Architecture for 2020 ?
(c) Rio de Janerio
(d) New Delhi
62. Who among the following was named ICC’s emerging player of the year 2018?
(d) Arunav Sinha
(a) Rishabh Pant
(b) Josh Hazlewood
(c) Hasan Ali
(d) Mustafizur Rahman
63. India’s first private sector Howitzer gun-making unit is located at
64. Which of the following pairs of old names and new names of islands in India is/are correctly matched ?
1. Ross Island : Shaheed Dweep
2. Neil Island : Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep
3. Havelock : Swaraj Dweep Island
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 3 only
65. Who among the following was posthumously conferred with the Ashoka Chakra, India’s highest peacetime gallantry award, in 2019?
(a) Jyoti Prakash Nirala
(b) Nazir Ahmad Wani
(c) Hangpan Dada
(d) Mohan Nath Goswami
66. As per the code of the nomenclature, which one of the following is the correct way of writing a biological name?
(a) Amoeba Proteus
(b) Amoeba proteus
(c) amoeba proteus
(d) Amoeba Proteus
67. Which one of the following state ments regarding Electrocardiogram is correct?
(a) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of electrical activity of cornea
(b) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of activity of kidney
(c) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of activity of brain
(d) Electrocardiogram is graphical representation of electrical activity of heart
68. Which one of the following statements regarding Penicillin is correct ?
(a) Penicillin resistant bacteria can store this antibiotic in vacuole
(b) Penicillin resistant bacteria can degrade this antibiotic by an enzyme called β-lactamase
(c) Penicillin resistant bacteria can degrade this antibiotic by an enzyme called lactic acid dehydro genase
(d) Penicillin is not absorbed by bacteria; so most bacteria are resistant
69. Which one of the following organelles of mammalian cell is rich in hydrolytic enzymes?
70. Which one of the following statements regarding Cholera is correct ?
(a) Cholera is a disease that causes loss of memory
(b) Cholera is a disease of muscles due to consumption of alcohol
(c) Cholera is a disease due to consumption of contaminated food or water
(d) Cholera is a genetic disease